Monday, August 15, 2005

Weigh-In

I get on the scale and weigh myself once a week. Not once a day, which I used to do, and which is a recipe guaranteed to drive anyone crazy.

My mood for that day is determined by what the scale says. I know that this is wrong, but the mindset is still there. If the scale is down - I feel great, I feel like I've really accomplished something. If the scale doesn't move - I feel like I coulda, shoulda done better. If the scale goes up - I feel frustrated and like I have failed.

Why is this?

I rationally know that a number shown in a little box does not say whether or not I am a good person, whether or not I have eaten right that week, whether or not I have got my workouts in. And yet.

Every week - I feel as if I am held hostage to the number on the scale.

For the record - this week, the scale was down - and I feel great.

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness. you are so not alone in the war against the little box with numbers. i've been gettin on it everyday and just like you the reflection of the indicator also reflects my mood for that day. i know its a mistake to look at it everyday but its right there and what if its down. weight loss sucks. the journey sucks major ass. how far are you from your goal weight?
    i'm 30lbs away.

    ReplyDelete