Saturday, August 27, 2005

Skinny Feet

Lean: Not fleshy or fat; thin.

I have skinny feet again. Like the first sign of spring, my ankles and feet are the first part of me that are showing signs of athleticism.

I remember last year, at this same time, I felt like my feet had betrayed me. They were fat, and they were old. You know what I mean. Those feet and ankles that have to be squished into shoes and that you look at and hope, really hope, that your feet never end up looking that way.

Well, mine did look that way. But, I've come to realize that my feet did not betray me, rather, I betrayed them. I did not eat right, I did not exercise, I did not drink enough water. How could I expect my feet to stay skinny?

Well, now that I've been doing all that stuff, my feet are back with the program. They love me, and I love them. No more puffy ankles. No more lines from my shoes.

So, I must keep working out, if only to keep my skinny feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment