Wednesday, August 3, 2005

Missing my kids

Last year, July 1, is when custody officially changed over to my ex-husband, so that he is now the primary custodial parent. He has the kids 75% of the time and I have them 25%. It's been a year, and it's still hard. It was so not my choice, it was their choice.

This year, I had the kids for the month of July. It was great. We were all together for a week, then my son went to scout camp for a week, which let me hang out with my daughter, then my daughter left for girls' camp while my son returned from scout camp, which let me hang out with him for a week. I really enjoyed those two weeks where I got to just spend time with each of them separately. I felt like I was really building my relationship with the kids.

Then we went to Utah to visit the rest of the family for a week. It was a crazy week, but it was also a lot of fun. The big thing we did (I and the kids) was to read Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince in the space of that one week. I started reading the books to them with the first one, and that was the big thing that they wanted me to do with them this summer before they went back to their Dad's house.

They left yesterday. I won't see them for a month.

I miss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment