Thursday, August 18, 2005

Dating

Let's just say that dating (as in, the process of going out on a date to find someone interesting) sucks. Okay, if you go out with someone who IS actually interesting and fun to talk to, that is one thing. But all too often, you end up with someone who's along the lines of "If I have to talk to this guy for one more second, I'm going to shoot myself."

These are the guys who give dating a bad name. I'm sure there are some girls out there too, but I don't date them and I just hope I'm not ONE of them.

I've been out of the "single but looking" scene for quite some time. The problem with this is, it gets very comfortable there, but there is something missing, as in, an actual relationship with someone of the opposite sex. I had a long conversation with my friend J about this, and realized I need to get back out there and go through the pain of dating once again to find someone I want to spend some time with.

Types I hopefully won't meet up with again:

Hypochondriac Man - Yeah, tell me all about every single one of your health problems, in gruesome technicolor detail. I really want to know. Not.

Commitment Phobe Man - I really like you, but I don't know if I can commit to going out again next week. It's too soon. Umm... yeah, whatever dude.

Past Relationship Man - Waah, let me tell you all about how my last relationship scarred me for life. But, I still really miss her and want her back. Just Go Away. Far, Far Away.

Mr. I Think I'm Sexy Man - Apropos of nothing, start telling me about all of your physical attributes. "Nine inches of burning love." Uh... did I really hear you say that? NO! Don't repeat it, for heaven's sake.

Indecision Man - Me: So, what would you like to eat? Him: I don't know what do you want to eat? Me: (thinking, I asked first nitwit) - Anything but Indian is good for me. Him: Well, why don't you decide. Me: Ok, Italian. Him: I don't really feel like Italian. Me: AUUUGGHH!!! (Repeat ad naseum.)

Avoid all of the above like the plague.

2 comments:

  1. Boy oh boy, do you have to kiss a lot of toads these days!! LOL One blind date I had right before I met my dh...the guy passed gas all the way through the meal, and at the end proudly opened the snaps on his hardware store western shirt to show me a full chest tattoo of the Tasmanian Devil riding a Harley, waving the conferate flag!! The thing that was even worse was he never called me to ask me out again!! Like he had some nerve, he should have been running after me...NOT that I would EVER have had anything to do with him!! But what nerve from such a pig!!

    My point is, get back out there and do your best to keep your sense of humor...it only has to work once and it makes all the others worth it. You are a special woman and there is a great future out there for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't dating the best... that safe zone " single and not looking" is always a zone that is better looking after a bad date....

    ReplyDelete