Sunday, September 25, 2005

Practice

Failure: The condition or fact of not achieving the desired end or ends.

I was reminded last night that just because I've done something perfectly in the past doesn't mean that I will be able to repeat that experience.

Specifically, I cooked dinner last night with some help from my kids. We were going to have chicken and dumplings. We also made banana bread. Now. Both of these items are things that I have made many, many times. However, I haven't really cooked or baked for some months. At least, not serious things like an actual dinner.

Both items needed to cook for a bit, so I left the kitchen.

Maybe you can guess what happened next. Yeah, that's right. They both got burnt to a crisp.

I'm redeeming myself this morning with coffee cake for breakfast. And, you're right. I wouldn't have been making it if I hadn't failed so spectacularly last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment