Tuesday, September 6, 2005

First Day of School

Organized: Efficient and methodical.

The first day of school is tomorrow. I had great plans this year that I would be very organized and have everything under control, but it is not working out that way.

All teachers have to follow a pre-determined set of lesson plans for the first three days of school. If you've ever been on a corporate "team-building" seminar, you have a pretty good idea of what we'll be doing. It's going to be interesting. First of all, to get the students to buy into the activities and second, for me to find the time to talk to them about how I want my classroom and how I want them to behave in my classroom.

The other thing is that my schedule of classes was up in the air for a few days. You'd think that it might be a really good thing for your schedule of classes to be finalized before the first day of school, but no, it's more fun to try and change things around at the last minute. After much discussion, my schedule is remaining exactly the same as it was before, which I am happy with. However, my preparation was thrown off just a wee tad.

We'll see how tomorrow goes. I might have a nervous breakdown, but then again...

No comments:

Post a Comment