Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Getting Old Sucks

So, I went to the doctor today and found out that the pain I've been having in my RIGHT knee is actually arthritis. Good - no surgery. Bad - Can't fix it. As well, my LEFT foot is suffering from plantar fascitis (which I think that I got because I was overcompensating for the knee.) I need to take care of the foot, stretch, heat, ice and also ice the knee.

This means that right now since mucho pain when I put weight on my left foot, I'm feeling like a pathetic cripple and my current walking pace is somewhat slower than a snail.

At least the doc said that swimming is really good for it, so I can at least do some sort of exercise. I have been getting back into swimming recently (GOOD!), but... since my knee was hurting so bad I haven't been exercising for about 4 months (Yeah, BAD.) Since I apparently MUST exercise in order not to resemble giant balloon woman, I gained a lot of weight (even though I was being careful with my diet) which of course does not help with the knee/foot/walking pain. Le Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment