Sunday, May 23, 2010

Lace Knitting - Onward

Went to the KFOG KaBOOM this weekend which was, again, the best fireworks show EVER. The main artist this year was Melissa Etheridge so that was really awesome as she's one of my favorite singers. I, of course, took my son. Since he's graduating high school this year I don't know if he'll be able to come or not next year as he's going off to college. Tamara couldn't come since she's taking summer classes and stayed at college this year.

During the weekend, I asked him about his graduation (he lives with his dad) and it's a mystery to him. He doesn't know the date, the time or the location. I asked him if he was planning on being there, to which he answered "Yes!"  However, I guess he's just going to arrive magically. So, I'm thinking if I want to go to the ceremony, I'll have to figure it out for myself.

In current knitting news, after quite some time fighting with the laceweight yarn that I'm using for Muir it's being much nicer to me. I'm able to get some sort of tension and progress with the pattern. I did switch out SSK to SKP, as that seems a lot easier to complete for some reason. I've actually managed to complete 2 entire repeats and I'm in the middle of repeat 3 which I would have said was unlikely two weeks ago, but what a difference practice can make! Just gotta have a pic to document actual progress...
I find this quite cool since this is the first lace I've ever really attempted.

No comments:

Post a Comment