Sunday, October 28, 2007

Geeking Out


Geek: a computer expert or enthusiast (a term of pride as self-reference).

I went to a Technology Math and Science Seminar a few weeks ago. I ended up at the Chocolate Technology Affair. Not only did we get to play on nice new up-to-date computers (a rare event if you happen to be a teacher) but the instructor also handed out chocolate during the presentation. What could be a better combination? Chocolate AND computers.

The seminar was all about Web 2.0 tools. Which I really knew NOTHING about. But I've been spending a lot of time learning over the last few weeks about the new functionality that is available and it is Totally Cool. She showed us lots of new fun web tech stuff.

So, here's what I've done so far.

Found a TON of cool interactive math java applets including:

I'm really excited about it because this means I can create my math website without having to FTP anything, changes happen instantly which is very cool. The other thing is that I can create a class wiki where my students can go in and be interactive. I'm thinking about how I want that all to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment